ANALYSIS KSA SUMMARY – Performed analyses using self constructed mathematical models in Excel, Visual Basic for Applications, Maple and HP Basic (legacy). I reference Numerical Recipes, Abramowitz and Stegun, Gradshteyn & Ryzhik, Wolfram Alpha; IEEE, SIAM and SPIE online; and texts by Papoulis, DiFranco & Rubin, etc. Worked with government labs and team mates to conduct simulations.
ANALYSIS WORK HIGHLIGHTS
- Developed eight combat system architecture subsystems including functions, data rates and processing loads to support architecture loading and hardware architecture development.
- Evaluated Correlation Velocity Log velocity estimation performance (least squares curve fit) due to hardware tolerances and platform motions for Draper, NR-1 and RN2093 (study only) applications.
- Developed error budget based on maximum likelihood velocity estimation from channel correlations.
- Supervised SME’s reacquisition and imaging simulation to define navigation hardware and software.
- Developed interactive ice detection and tracking performance model for three Ice Monitoring System physical configurations versus relative system of systems cost as part of trade study proposal example.
- Defined unmanned mine neutralization system using forced ranking component, subsystem and system trades that resulted in an effective Littoral Combat Ship mission module solution for proposal.
- Supervised sensor system software sizing based on self-generated algorithm description.
- Developed closed form matrix solution for retro-directional sensor performance analysis.
- Traded multiple candidate unmanned mine reconnaissance systems according to clearance probability, cost, ship impact, etc. Clearance probability model emulated US Navy standard tools.
- Developed detailed anti-submarine surveillance concept performance, size, weight and power model.
- Supported multi-sensor Integration and Test with various numerical algorithm analyses.
- Defined and evaluated results from US/UK Joint Surface Ship Torpedo Defense Classifier simulation.
- Designed a mine-hunting sonar waveform (one bit direct conversion through transmitter response).
PUBLISHED MANY LOCKHEED MARTIN INTERNAL ALGORITHM DESCRIPTIONS, TRADE STUDIES, SPECIFICATIONS and PROPOSALS
SELF DEVELOPMENT AND APPLICATION
detection, localization, estimation theory; signal propagation; paired echo distortion; analog to digital conversion; time delay, k-w and adaptive beam-forming; synthetic aperture processing; fast Fourier transforms; filter theory; normalization; alpha-beta tracking; independent multiple model Kalman tracking; discrete time series; neural networks and relevance vector machine classifier; operational effectiveness estimation; queuing theory; confidence intervals
RELEVANT ACADEMIC EXPERIENCE
electromagnetics; optics; quantum mechanics and relativistic field theory; physical chemistry; solid state and statistical mechanics; complex variables; probability; operations research; differential, integral and vector calculus; matrix theory and tensor analysis; partial and integro-differential equations; Fourier analysis and special functions